A significant responsibility of UPPCL is to distribute and transmit electricity in Uttar Pradesh. Additionally, UPPCL also has its online portal that allows you to easily check your UPPCL bill as well as make payments as well. Uttar Pradesh Power Company Limited (UPPCL) was created on January 14, 2000, following reforms and restructuring in the power sector of Uttar Pradesh, which is responsible for the distribution, transmission, and supply of electricity in the state. The UPPCL is a professionally managed utility that provides reliable, cost-efficient electricity through state-of-the-art technologies while providing an economic return to its owners.
Reasons to check UPPCL Electricity Bill
Do you ever wonder why the electricity bill you receive in a month becomes five figures and four figures the next month? Now you may be thinking that it is because of the difference in the amount of electricity you consume. Well, there may be several other reasons why electricity consumption differs from one month to another. In addition, there are several reasons, such as incorrect calculations on your UPPCL bill, that you should immediately correct and complain about at the earliest opportunity. It’s no secret that electricity is essential in our daily lives.
It is, therefore, critically important for you to regularly keep a closer eye on the amount of your UPPCL bill. Whenever you notice that your current electricity bill amount differs significantly from your previous bills, you may need to check your electricity bill payment for other reasons besides errors in your bill amount. There are several reasons to do so, among them being that you will now be required to file an Income Tax Return if you have a monthly electricity bill of more than Rs. 1 lakh or more. The best way to find out how much your total annual electricity bill is, you will have to check all your previous electricity bills.
The process of checking UPPCL Electricity Bill Online
To check and paying your electricity bill online, you can also use the UPPCL mobile app. Your username and password will be required to log in. Upon logging into the portal, you will be able to view your bill on the portal, and you will then be able to take advantage of the wide range of payment options. It is easy to check your UPPCL bill online by following a few basic steps.
- You can visit the official website of UPPCL.
- You can log in using your Account Number and password.
- Enter the captcha and click on the ‘Login’ button
- If you have not yet registered on UPPCL’s portal, you must click on ‘Register Here’ on the same page.
- You must register and log in to the portal using your credentials to check your electricity bill payment online.
- Click on ‘History’ under the ‘My Connection’ tab to check your old electricity bill.
Here is the simple step to register yourself on the UPPCL portal
- Visit the official UPPCL website
- Click on ‘My Connection’ option to register
- A new page will appear where have to enter your account and bill number. The details you will need to know can be found on the hard copy of the electricity bill that you received at the end of the month.
- After the important details appear on your computer or mobile screen, you must validate the details by entering your mobile number, email address, secret question, and secret answer.
- When you have completed the form, you will need to click on the ‘Submit’ button. You will receive a link to your email address shortly. Click on the email sent by the electricity board, and then log in to activate your account.
If you would like to pay light bill and check your UPPCL bill online, you can visit the official website of UPPCL and log in using your user ID and password, When you check your UPPCL bill online, you can get information about your regular electricity consumption, usage trends, and the reason behind any fluctuations. When your electricity bill suddenly rises, you can call the electricity department for an inspection to find out the reason. There are many reasons why this may happen, such as a fault in the electricity meter. In such cases, checking the UPPCL bill can be very helpful in determining what’s going on.
The official website can be accessed via your account number and consumer number and clicking the forget password button to reset your UPPCL password, after which you can enter your security question and answer as entered at the time of registration and proceed to your account. There is now a requirement to fill in the income tax return form on your electricity bill if your bill exceeds Rs 1,00,000 a year or more. Consequently, you can quickly check your UPPCL bill online by going to your electricity board’s website.